Solarwinds got hacked big time.
The Solarwinds supply chain got compromised, affecting some 18,000 of the 33,000 organizations according to the article posted at SEC.gov website.
SolarWinds currently believes that:
- Orion products downloaded, implemented or updated during the Relevant Period contained the vulnerability;
- Orion products downloaded and implemented before the Relevant Period and not updated during the Relevant Period did not contain the vulnerability;
- Orion products downloaded and implemented after the Relevant Period did not contain the vulnerability; and
- Previously affected versions of the Orion products that were updated with a build released after the Relevant Period no longer contained the vulnerability; however, the server on which the affected Orion products ran may have been compromised during the period in which the vulnerability existed.
Relevant Period is between March and June 2020.
If you are using Orion Solarwinds management tool, it’s time for you to scan your networks and servers, scan again and make sure that malicious code is not in your network.
Other related news regarding Solarwinds hacked.
- ‘Massively disruptive‘ cyber crisis engulfs multiple agencies
- Suspected Russian hackers spied on U.S. Treasury emails
- And of course Solarwinds stock value dropped 23%, expect to get worse.
Featured image by Pexels.com
2 thoughts on “Solarwinds got hacked big time.”
Detailed report from CISA.GOV website.
Emergency Directive 21-01
December 13, 2020
Mitigate SolarWinds Orion Code Compromise