Welcome to Sextortion.com is a public service website courtesy by QUE.com. To help educate Internet users on how to avoid sextortion, and be safe in cyber space.
Resources provided by FBI. Sextortion: What Kids and Caregivers Need to Know.
How to Get Help
If young people are being exploited, they are the victim of a crime and should report it. Contact your local FBI field office, call 1-800-CALL-FBI, or report it online at tips.fbi.gov.
Don’t be a victim or blackmailed. Watch the video for your information. Share with your family and friends. Use the Share This button below to share using your social network.
Video source from FBI.Gov
Sextortion Statistics – Up to Date Facts and Insights on Sexual Blackmail.
- Sextortion is so common that an estimated 120,000 Americans are victims of it each year (with $81 million in financial losses).
- 20,247 cases of sextortion are reported yearly (increases 35% each year).
- More than $13.8 million are blackmailed through sextortion (increases +41% each year).
- 65% threat the victim to post the contents of the explicit exchange online.
- 51% of perpetrators extort victims to get them to send more explicit content.
- 12% of sextortion victims are under 20 years old.
- 37% of victims that comply with the demands of sextortion said the threats stopped.
- 47% of sextortion victims got daily threats.
For details, visit https://bedbible.com/sextortion-statistics/ website.
IC3 Releases Alert on Extortion Email Scams
The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) has released an alert warning of a recent increase in extortion email scams. Cyber criminals threaten to release sexually explicit photos or videos of victims unless they agree to send payment.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) encourages everyone to review the IC3 Alert and the CISA Tip on Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks. If you believe you are a victim of cybercrime, file a complaint with IC3 at www.ic3.gov.
Be careful of what you share in your social media account.
Sextortion.com Public Awareness: Here are some useful websites to check out.
- FBI warns of ‘large increase’ in sextortion attacks. Sextortion News.
- $1.2M Earned Through Bitcoin ‘Sextortion,’ Bomb Threat Scams. Cointelegraph.com
- Sextortion is an emerging form of online abuse, but little is known about it.
- Trends identified in CyberTipline sextortion report. MissingKids.com
To add news, please use the form below to post the news link.
Help us keep this public service page up to date, become a sponsor or donate.
- Donate Here! using PayPal secured payment for every transactions.
- Moscom.com renewed Sextortion.com domain name to keep this service up and running.
- NeedName.com Domain Name Registration Services. Donated to pay initial monthly rental of Sextortion.com domain name $142/mo.
Thank you very much for helping us to keep this web page up to date.
Use the navigation links below to see our archives.