Your email address is the center of your security world. It is highly recommended that you enable Two-Factor Authentication to minimize risk of someone accessing your email through spear phishing attack, discover caches of passwords in your mailbox, and other related email attack. As an example, the attacker of DNC email uses a simple password reset request through spear phishing attack, was able to gain access to the email and password. If the Two-Factor Authentication is enabled, it will require another layer of security through verification code and stop it.
How to enable Two-Factor Authentication?
- Login to your email, go to https://www.gmail.com, enter your email address and password.
- Click your name icon (upper right corner), then click My Account
- Check your recovery information.
- Check your connected devices
- Check your account permissions
- Check your app password. This is to create password for your MS Outlook or other email reader application.
- Check your Two-Factor settings
- Google 2-Step Verification https://support.google.com/a/answer/175197?hl=en