Holding ourselves to a higher Security Standard.
As you know by now, KING.NET is using WordPress open source Content Management System (CMS) to run our network of websites. The website(s) had some bandwidth issues for days because of XMLRPC traffic coming to our web server. Our Internet Service Provider (ISP) helped drop those bad traffics, and keep up alive.
After that incident of denial of service issue in WordPress PHP XML processing, we’ve added another layer of security using CloudFlare services. Here’s the short list to improve overall security and performance.
- Security is set to HIGH
- Email address obfuscation, scrambles e-mail addresses on web pages, preventing spam while keeping them visible to humans.
- Server side exclude (SSE), automatically hide content from suspicious visitors identified by CloudFlare.
- Browser Integrity Check, performs integrity checks for all requests by evaluating HTTP header for threats.
- Hot link protection, automatically enable hotlink protection for images to prevent off-site linking.
- Advanced security (Web Application Firewall).
- Adjusted the Content Delivery Network (CDN) to Full Optimizations.
- Activated the next generation transfer protocol to makes web pages load faster in supported browsers.
- IP Geolocation
- SSL encryption of visitor’s connection. Even though we are not processing credit card in our website, we wanted to keep your session secure anyway.
Thank you to our partners for keeping us secured.