Reading is the basic and effective way of learning new things. I love to read but sometimes I get bored. This is where I find time to play Rubik cube. If you’re new to playing Rubik’s cube, it will be a challenge for you. I’ve searched the Internet to find a quality video of tutorial to help you out. Watch the video in few hours you will be able to solve the puzzle.
8 things to remember, my shortcut of remembering this game. Of course, you can make your own.
- YELLOW IN THE MIDDLE, my starting point. Then place the 4 WHITE on the side, middle position.
- Facing upward, match the color of 2nd and 3rd. Note. 1 layer is the bottom. Rotate 1, 2, making the WHITE top to bottom. Repeat for the 3 sides, match 2nd and 3rd layer color and rotate 1, 2.
- WHITE CROSS in the bottom.
- Solve the 1st LAYER. Solving the bottom part will also complete 1st layer. Using the inverted T, check the top color which will decide if you go left or right to rotate.
- Solve the 2nd LAYER. No YELLOW edge.
- On top, YELLOW STAR using algorithm of F U R U’ R’ F’ (guide YELLOW 9 and 12 o’clock position)
- On top, ALL YELLOW using algorithm of R U R’ U R U2 R’ (guide, YELLOW left corner, FISH point lower left corner)
- Rotate the UPPER LAYER, to check if the two corner matches to the color of 1st and 2nd LAYER. If not, run the algorithm L’ U R U’ L U R’ R U R’ U R U2 R’ or L’ U R U’ L U2 R’ U R U2 R’(guide, left side 2 corner)
- See if you have a complete color, face away from you then run the algorithm. For clockwise, F2 U R’ L F2 L’ R U F2 and for counter-clockwise, F2 U’ R’ L F2 L’ R U’ F2.
Then I place this to my Memory bank so I don’t forget it. I need to come back here just in case it fade away. See more brain game exercise techniques at MentalAthletes.com page.
Updated October 5, 2020. Added new tutorial.