Securing Your Commercial Real Estate Business from Cyberthreats
The internet has become a staple in the way we do business, which has led to an increase in cyberthreats. Here are some tips to help you secure your commercial real estate business from cyberthreats:
- Educate yourself and your employees on cyberthreats and how to prevent them.
- Keep your software and security systems up to date.
- Be aware of phishing scams and other social engineering attacks.
- Use strong passwords and two-factor authentication.
- encrypt your data.
- Back up your data regularly.
- Monitor your network for unusual activity.
- Have a plan in place in case of a breach.
Where to start in Commercial Real Estate?
There are many ways to get started in commercial real estate. You could:
- Get a job with a brokerage firm
- Start your own brokerage firm
- Invest in real estate properties
- Get a job with a real estate development company
- Start your own real estate development company
- Get a job with a real estate investment trust (REIT)
- Invest in real estate crowdfunding platforms
- Get a job with a real estate management company
- Start your own real estate management company
- Get a job with a real estate appraisal company