The most effective anti-phishing measures businesses are taking.
- Educating employees about phishing scams and how to identify them
- Using multi-factor authentication
- Keeping security software up to date
- Restricting access to sensitive data
- Backing up data regularly
- Monitoring activity for unusual behavior
How to create a strong phishing defense for your business.
- Educate employees about phishing scams. Teach them how to recognize phishing emails and what to do if they receive one.
- Use email filtering to block phishing emails. Set up filters to automatically delete or flag emails with suspicious content.
- Be cautious about email attachments. Don’t open attachments from unknown senders. If you must open them, scan them for malware first.
- Don’t click on links in suspicious emails. If you’re not sure whether an email is legitimate, don’t click on any links.
- Keep your software up to date. Install security updates for your operating system and other software as soon as they’re available.
- Use a firewall. A firewall can help protect your network from phishing attacks.
- Back up your data. Regularly back up your data in case you need to recover it after a phishing attack.
If you have a working phishing defense and would like to share, please use the comment section below.