Stay safe while shopping online this holiday season by following Symantec’s top 5 safe online shopping tips. Watch this short video to know what to look out for and do for safe online shopping. Don’t make the holidays the most wonderful time of year for the cyber criminals. Follow these simple safe online shopping tips and you’ll be a happy shopper, keep your information safe and keep the bad guys out in the cold. Learn more at https://www.staysecureonline.com.
- Update to the latest version of your Internet Browser e.g. Microsoft IE or Edge, Chrome, Firefox, etc.
- Shop with SSL (HTTPS) to protect your session while online.
- Strong password, maybe it’s time to update your password. It is recommended to change your password once every 90 days with a combination of alpha-numeric and special characters. For example, 2wsx)P:?1qaz%TGB. And don’t share your password.
- Watch your credit card transaction, set an SMS or Email alert.
- If available, use Two-Factor Authentication using your smart phone for extra layer of account protection.
Happy and Safe Holidays from your friendly Ethical Hacker at HackerCon.com