Cybersecurity is a critical concern for commercial real estate professionals. Here are a few things you need to know to help protect your business:
- Understand the risks. Cybersecurity threats are constantly evolving, so it’s important to stay up to date on the latest risks. Be aware of the types of attacks that could target your business, such as phishing, ransomware, and malware.
- Keep your systems and data secure. Make sure your systems are up to date with the latest security patches and that your data is backed up and encrypted. Implement strong access control measures to protect your data and systems from unauthorized access.
- Train your staff. Educate your employees about cybersecurity risks and best practices. Make sure they know how to spot a phishing email, for example, and what to do if they receive one.
- Have a plan. In the event of a cyberattack, you need to have a plan in place to minimize the damage and get your business back up and running. This should include a incident response plan and a data backup and recovery plan.
- Work with a cybersecurity partner. Cybersecurity is a complex and ever-changing field. Working with a partner who specializes in cybersecurity can help you keep up with the latest threats and protect your business.
Keep improving your staff skill sets, sending them to practical trainings.