5 Tips to Keep Your Business Safe from Hackers
- Keep your software up to date: Outdated software is one of the biggest security risks for businesses. Be sure to keep all your software up to date, including your operating system, web browser, and any applications you use.
- Use strong passwords: Hackers can easily guess weak passwords. Use strong passwords that are at least 8 characters long and include a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Don’t click on links in email: Many phishing scams involve hackers sending fake emails that look like they’re from a legitimate company. If you get an email with a link, don’t click it. Instead, go to the company’s website directly.
- Install security software: Security software, like antivirus and antispyware, can help protect your business from hackers. Be sure to install it on all your computers and keep it up to date.
- Train your employees: Your employees are your first line of defense against hackers. Be sure to train them on how to spot phishing emails, keep their passwords secure, and install security software.