Apple has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in multiple products. A remote attacker may exploit some of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system.
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the following Apple security pages and apply the necessary updates:
- iOS 11
- Safari 11
- tvOS 11
- watchOS 4
- Xcode 9
Update your device wirelessly
- If a message says that an update is available, tap Install Now. You can also follow these steps:
Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS will reinstall apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, learn what to do next.
- To update now, tap Install. Or you can tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, just plug your iOS device into power before you go to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight.
- If asked, enter your passcode. If you don’t know your passcode, learn what to do.
If you see an error or need more space when updating wirelessly.
If you see an error message while trying to update your device wirelessly, learn what to do. If you need more space for a wireless update, you can update using iTunes or delete content manually from your device. Whether you use iTunes or update wirelessly, you’ll have the same amount of free space on your device after you update.
Source: Apple.com and US-CERT