Fixed – Can’t configure Outlook 2016 using Office 365 after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1709 (Creator Update). Updated for 1803.
As a Cyber Information Security Professional, I always keep my Windows 10 operating system up to date (service packs and security updates) to close known vulnerabilities and minimize risks of exposure. It’s locked down.
After upgrading to the latest Windows 10 “creator update” version 1709, I’m having problem connecting my MS Outlook 2016 to my email which is hosted using Office 365.
I’ve tested it using the following software setup.
- Windows 10 Professional version 1709.
- Microsoft Office 365 Business
- MS Outlook 2016
- Office 365 email account.
I resolved it and here’s the solution on how you can fix it.
- In Windows 10 search field (lower left corner), type control panel then press [Enter] to open up.
- In Control Panel, click on Programs and Features.
- In Uninstall or change a program, scroll down ’till you see your Microsoft Office 365 Business, select and click on Change.
- This will give you two options. The 1st using Quick Repair and the 2nd option is Online Repair. Select Quick Repair, click repair to continue. Wait for a few minutes to complete the repair.
After the repair, try launching your MS Outlook again and it will connect to your email after entering your email address and password without any issue anymore.
If this help, please don’t hesitate to say hello using the form below. You can login using your existing social media to post.
Updated: May 27, 2019.
My user environment:
- Windows 10 Pro Version 1803.
- Office 365
- MS Outlook (latest version), in 64 bit.
- Two-Factor Authentication is enabled. So I created a password app.
A similar issue re-occur, this time using Windows 10 Pro version 1803. It took me a while to figure it out. I have to run a diagnostic tool from Microsoft website, here’s the link to download: https://diagnostics.outlook.com
Download the program and run, follow the instruction to fix your issue. In my case, I can’t configure a user in Office 365 using Outlook. Then, the program will run and assess your computer. After few 3-5 minutes, your MS Outlook is configured successfully.
Please don’t hesitate to post your comment below if this article help you out.
Cheers for now.
Image by mohamed_hassan pixabay
One thought on “Fixed – Can’t configure Outlook 2016 using Office 365 after upgrading to Windows 10 version 1709 (Creator Update). Updated for 1803.”
Pingback:QUE.com MS Outlook app couldn’t set up email. RESOLVED