As a Cyber Information Security Professional, I always keep my Windows 10 operating system up to date (service packs and security updates) to close known vulnerabilities and minimize risks of exposure. It’s locked down.
After upgrading to the latest Windows 10 “creator update” version 1709, I’m having problem connecting my MS Outlook 2016 to my email which is hosted using Office 365.
I’ve tested it using the following software setup.
- Windows 10 Professional version 1709.
- Microsoft Office 365 Business
- MS Outlook 2016
- Office 365 email account.
I resolved it and here’s the solution on how you can fix it.
- In Windows 10 search field (lower left corner), type control panel then press [Enter] to open up.
- In Control Panel, click on Programs and Features.
- In Uninstall or change a program, scroll down ’till you see your Microsoft Office 365 Business, select and click on Change.
- This will give you two options. The 1st using Quick Repair and the 2nd option is Online Repair. Select Quick Repair, click repair to continue. Wait for a few minutes to complete the repair.
After the repair, try launching your MS Outlook again and it will connect to your email after entering your email address and password without any issue anymore.
If this help, please don’t hesitate to say hello using the form below. You can login using your existing social media to post.
Image by mohamed_hassan pixabay