Social Media is now part of our daily lives, it is sad to say it but that is a reality. We check it in the morning, afternoon, and evening. Some people check their social media all the time. But what happens when your account is Hacked? What you should do or who to contact for assistance?
In this article, we focus on how you can recover your Hacked Facebook account. Not an easy task because there is no 1-800 number to call. The multi-billion dollar company like Facebook does not provide this service to you. You need to use the “self-service page” to recover your Hacked Facebook account.
To recover a hacked Facebook account, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Facebook login page and click on the “Forgot password?” link.
- Enter the email address or phone number associated with your account and click on the “Search” button.
- If you have access to the email address or phone number associated with your account, you will receive a code that you can use to reset your password.
- If you do not have access to the email address or phone number associated with your account, you will need to answer a few security questions to prove that you are the owner of the account.
- Once you have verified your identity, you will be able to create a new password for your account.
If you are unable to recover your account using the above steps, you can contact Facebook support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips for recovering a hacked Facebook account:
- If you have not already done so, enable two-factor authentication on your Facebook account. This will add an extra layer of security to your account and make it more difficult for hackers to take over.
- Be careful about what links you click on and what attachments you open in emails. Phishing attacks are a common way for hackers to steal Facebook login credentials.
- Keep your software and operating system up to date. This will help to patch security vulnerabilities that could be exploited by hackers.
If you suspect that your Facebook account has been hacked, it is important to take action immediately to recover your account and secure your data.
There are two ways to contact Facebook support for hacked account assistance:
- Through the Facebook Help Center:
- Go to the Facebook Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help
- Click on the “Security and Login” tab.
- Click on the “Hacked and Fake Accounts” subtab.
- Scroll down to the “Still need help?” section and click on the “Contact Support” link.
- Fill out the form that appears and click on the “Submit” button.
- Through the Facebook app:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Help & Support.”
- Tap on “Report a Problem.”
- Tap on “Something Else.”
- Tap on “Hacked Account.”
- Fill out the form that appears and tap on the “Send” button.
Facebook support will review your request and respond as soon as possible.
Here are some tips for contacting Facebook support for hacked account assistance:
- Be as clear and concise as possible when explaining your problem.
- Provide as much information as possible, such as your email address, phone number, and the date and time of the hack.
- If you have any screenshots or other documentation of the hack, be sure to include them with your request.
- Be patient and polite. Facebook support staff are working hard to help everyone, but there may be a wait time for a response.
Don’t forget to enable two-factor authentication and keep your account secure.
I hope this helps!